Accountants One is working with a privately held commercial real estate firm specializing in the development, acquisition, long term ownership, leasing and management of industrial real estate in the Southeastern United States. Our client is looking for an Accounting Generalist to help with day to day accounting functions. The company has a great culture with a hybrid set up after training.
The Accounting Generalist will work alongside the Accounts Payable Specialist and Accounts Receivable Specialist to ensure the accounting needs of the Company are being met as it relates to our tenants, vendors, and managed properties for all entities. The Accounting department is responsible for the bookkeeping, payables, receivables, banking, and internal reporting for all entities. This position will specifically be focused on the treasury needs of the Company including bank reconciliations, ACH Fraud/Positive Pay exceptions, analysis fee invoicing, as well as intercompany invoicing and transactional accounting. In addition, the Accounting Generalist will also be required to learn and become familiar with all aspects of the accounting cycle to support the AP Specialist and/or AR Specialist during vacations or sick time. The perfect candidate shall exemplify self-motivation, attention to detail, organization, financial based analytical skills, strong communication skills, and a team player attitude. In addition, the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple departments within the firm is critical for this position.
- Reconciling the monthly bank statements for several cash accounts and preparing the bank reconciliations.
- Pulling the prior business day activity reports for several cash accounts and sending to the AP and AR Specialists.
- Performing weekly AP audits
- Performing a monthly check copy audit
- Setting up new vendors, including obtaining and filing a current W-9 and Certificate of Insurance
- Preparing and maintaining ACH instructions for all properties
- Reconciling the monthly analysis fee statements and preparing the intercompany invoices
- Preparing and processing the monthly management company invoicing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or equivalent accounting experience preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Real Estate industry
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and Outlook
- Proficiency using Yardi software is preferred