Local CPA firm in Duluth seeking out a Tax Manager
to join their growing team!
Family atmosphere and flexibility offered. Annual bonuses in addition to base salary.
*Hybrid working environment after training period*
This position will manage the client experience, and preparing/reviewing complex individual and/or business tax returns. Must have in depth experience in accounting & income tax preparation for individuals as well as all entity type returns (Forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, 990, 706 & 709).
The ideal candidate is a CPA who has experience in preparing and presenting taxes, is knowledgeable with tax practices and laws, and has supervisory experience.
- Review individual and business work papers and tax returns prepared by other tax department professionals.
- Identify potential tax issues, perform research and present proposed solutions to Partners.
- Participate in client meetings to assist with answering of questions and review of research or returns.
- Continue to develop a network of contacts through community involvement.
- Provide initial training and support ongoing professional development of mentee(s).
- 4-6+ years’ experience in accounting, preferably public
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA required
- Proficient with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online