Accountants One is working with a Real Estate Company in the Metro Atlanta area looking for a Property Accountant
. They have been growing organically and need an additional Accountant for their team. The Property Accountant will report directly to the Assistant Controller.
The Property Accountant will handle the following tasks:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reconciliations, cash management, calculate monthly fees and financial needs of assigned properties.
- Analyze financial information of the properties, variance reports, and information
- Property Managers of the overall performance of their properties.
- Process debt service, tax, insurance, and capital expense payments and ensures/verifies payments are made as required
- Input annual operating budgets and budgets for new leases and management acquisitions
- Track property and insurance liabilities to ensure properly reflected on the property books and the property is adequately escrowing in order to make timely payments of such items
- Maintain positive pay exceptions
- Assist in the annual preparation/submission of 1099s
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, or business a must
- Real estate Accounting a plus or public accounting
- Experience working in Yardi or MRI CPA+
- 2+ years of experience
- Must have clean background and credit