Accountants One is working with a repeat client who is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team. They are one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned companies in America, celebrating over 30 years as design-build experts, ranking in the top 5 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. This company is continuously voted as a "Best Place to Work".
They are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and hard working candidate to fill this role. The staff accountant will work closely with Senior Controller and various teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- General knowledge of payroll concepts and tax withholdings.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically needing advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Viewpoint Software or an equivalent ERP system.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Assist controllers in reconciling all month end reports to the general ledger.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Design and build Microsoft Excel based pivot tables.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns for various local and state entities.
- Work with controllers and project managers to obtain and renew the appropriate state and local contractor and business licenses.
- Post various journal entries including but not limited to job cost accruals and insurance.
- Work with controllers on various aspects of month end close and the preparation of financial statements for multiple entities.