Accountants One is working with a repeat client who is looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team. They are one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned companies in America, celebrating over 30 years as design-build experts, ranking in the top 5 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. This company is continuously voted as a "Best Place to Work".
They are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and hard working candidate to fill this role. The assistant controller will work closely with Senior Controller and various teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- 3-5 years of public or construction related accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is also considered a plus but is not required.
- Advanced Excel and IT Skills considered a plus.
- Candidates must have the ability to establish good working relationships with Senior Management.
- Confidentiality of all company and customer information must be upheld.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile the job costs
- Monitor accounting transactions throughout the month and resolve any issues that occur in the process daily.
- Prepare and assist with monthly bank reconciliations (A/P).
- Balance intercompany cash accounts and interact with the Project Managers and Regional Managers to assist them with subcontracts, insurance issues, and job cost details.
- Collaborate with accounts payable to review and approve payment requests (invoices, check requests forms, etc).
- Prepare quarterly and monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Assist with the year-end audit.
- Respond to requests for information and analysis from the leadership team on various accounting and financial issues.
- Work on a variety of different projects throughout the month that are delegated from the Senior Controller and/or Director.