Accountants One is working with a repeat client in distribution that is looking for a Senior Accountant. This is an on-site role at their HQ near the airport.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
The Senior Accountant requires a hand-on approach and availability to work closely with a small accounting team. This role is responsible for all accounting and finance related activities including cash flow, accruals and cash-based accounting, monthly close, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, reporting on trends to management, preparing and reviewing budget to actual performance, forecasting, collecting data to support the business, analyze and consolidate financial data. The Senior Accountant will also establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures to continue to keep the organization in compliance, as well as safeguarding the company assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with accounting staff in the performance of an accurate and efficient month-end financial close and associated reporting including preparing balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of the income statement.
• Aptitude for obtaining fast detailed knowledge of the company operations and systems.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• Manage company bank accounts and credit card accounts.
• Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variance; initiating corrective actions.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Prepare month-end sales & use tax analysis and filings.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions, including multi-state taxation, property and business taxes
• Ensure Month-end and Year-end closings are processed and on time.
• Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring and appraising job results with the team.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Maintains accounting policies, procedures, and controls identified and facilitate implementation and compliance of the policies.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP.
• Lead payables and collections.
• Work closely with Controller.
Summary of Qualifications:
• Must have a degree in business, finance, or accounting.
• Some management experience of accounting personnel in a team environment
• At least 7-10 years working as senior accountant or Accounting Manager for a small to mid-size company.