Accountants One is working with one of the world's leading employee benefit providers looking to add on to their growing team. They are looking to hire a Financial Reporting Manager. This position provides key leadership to business partners across the company and directs activities and influences decisions and outcomes.
Financial Reporting Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for complex analysis and reporting of financial transactions in accordance with accounting standards
• Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports complex accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principals
• Prepares and distributes periodic complex financial statements for various governmental and/or regulatory agencies
• Conducts research regarding the impact to financial statements of potential changes to accounting rules proposed by accounting standards setters
• Develops, implements, and communicates to management (at times senior management) on new policies and processes to comply with newly issues accounting standards.
• May supervise and/or manage work of staff.
• May actively participate in the hiring, development, performance and compensation decisions affecting assigned staff.
• Direct the team on accurate completion of all accounting, reporting, analysis, and manages the day to day activities of the team including the GAAP and statutory accounting, general ledger processes, and reporting for specified financial area.
• Act as consultant providing financial support to business areas regarding conformance to corporate policies and procedures, technical inquiries, planning and forecasting process, and various tax and accounting issues.
• Review existing accounting, financial reporting and administrative processes and procedures in an effort to streamline activities to increase productivity
• Present reporting and analysis to management. Proactively identify and research unusual trends and make recommendations. Lead and/or perform analyses and forecasts.
• Reconcile and balance accounts related to the specific financial area(s) to maintain control and accuracy by identifying discrepancies and their cause and recommend corrective action.
• Analyze financial data, provide recommendations for appropriate action, and prepare related reports in consultation with business partner.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must be CPA eligible and have passed all parts of the CPA
• 5+ years of accounting experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Has mastered solid customer service skills while working effectively with functional area, team and other resources to complete assigned work while broadening contacts in other functional areas.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and EXCEL